Blue Star Mothers host SC vets' stress discussion | News
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The Midlands chapter of Blue Star Mothers of America is holding a discussion about post-traumatic stress disorder among military veterans.
Thursday's scheduled event is to be held at the Cayce Memorial Post 130 of the American Legion in Cayce at 6 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Chapter spokeswoman Ann Ricard says a representative of the Dorn VA Medical Center will discuss symptoms of the problem as well as guidance to get assistance.
Ricard says the Mothers' organization wants to provide for the wellbeing of the nation's veterans.
The group encourages members of the community to become educated about PTSD in order to assist those who suffer from, and try to overcome, such combat-related issues.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations