Service members honor the fallen at Fort Jackson | News
Hundreds of service members honored those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the Fort Jackson 5K Run/Walk for the Fallen Saturday.
The Run for the Fallen is an annual event held throughout the United States to help bring awareness to Fallen Soldiers.
On Flag Day, June 14, 2008, a dedicated team of runners ran across America from Fort Irwin, Calif. to Arlington National Cemetery, one mile for every soldier, sailor, airmen, and marine killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom, officials said.
Each year since the run across America, runners from around the world have joined Run for the Fallen in remembering our fallen.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations