SC soldier among 4 killed in Afghanistan | News
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The Pentagon says an Army soldier from South Carolina is 1 of 4 soldiers killed near Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.
Officials said Thursday that 21-year-old Spc. Ember Alt of Beech Island was among the soldiers who died Tuesday from wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with indirect fire.
Alt died along with 21-year-old Spec. Robert Ellis, of Kennewick, Wash., and 30-year-old Spc. William Moody of Burleson, Texas. The three were with the 4th Infantry Division of Fort Carson, Colo.
The fourth soldier killed was identified as 25-year-old Sgt. Justin Johnson, of Hobe Sound, Fla. He was assigned to the 7th Sustainment Brigade of Fort Eustis, Va.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations