Soldier has custody of daughter after ex-wife gave her up for adoption | News
SALT LAKE CITY, UT (WIS) - After a nearly two-year long battle, a Midlands soldier now has his daughter back.
Terry Achane says he was on active duty at Fort Jackson when his wife put his daughter, Taleah, up for adoption without his knowledge. Achane is divorced from Taleah's mother.
Taleah had been living with a Utah couple ever since.
Achane and the adoptive parents took their battle to court and a judge sided with Achane. He says he has no hard feelings toward the adoptive parents.
"They raised my daughter right I believe," he said. "I hold nothing negative against them. They love my daughter as much as I do."
Achane says he is now planning to introduce his daughter to her grandmother.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations