Fort radio system could interfere with garage door openers | Events
If you live near Fort Jackson and find your garage door just not working, then put down your garage door opener before you toss it against the wall in a blind rage.
Fort officials say a new frequency range they are transitioning to is likely the source of your woes.
Beginning the week of June 23, authorities say garage door openers may experience interference issues with the new frequency range.
According to the FCC, the openers operate on such a frequency that they must accept any interference.
Fort officials want to stress the interference will not cause the garage doors to open or close.
Consumers who experience problems with the garage door openers should contact their manufacturer or local repair shops for assistance.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tight-knit Forest Acres community seeks answers in wake of recent crimes
- Police searching for 2 armed robbery suspects
- Richland sheriff gathering gifts for seniors
- Police arrest man who fled after launching car onto Forest Acres roof
- Hospital staff member classifies child as 'loser' for lack of immunizations